Have Foot Pain? We Can Help
At Regional Foot and Ankle Specialists in Pennsauken and Turnersville, your podiatrist specializes in everything related to your feet and ankles. Whether you are experiencing problems walking, have skin issues, or need diabetic shoes, we can treat your issues and help you live a better life. Are you experiencing foot pain? Read on to learn how we can uncover the reasons why and make you feel better.
Why do my feet hurt?
There are a number of possibilities. At Regional Foot and Ankle Specialists in Turnersville and Pennsauken, we are experts in foot anatomy and have the skills to discover your source of foot pain and how to treat it. We use visual inspection, gait analysis (how you walk), and sophisticated imaging techniques, such as digital X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs, to see inside your feet and to discover the deformities and conditions which cause pain.
Common sources of foot pain are:
- Plantar fasciitis, an inflammation of the connective tissue between the heel and the toes
- Bunions at the base of the big toes
- Hammertoes, a claw-like deformity of the second, third, fourth, and fifth toes
- Arthritis and bursitis
- Heel spurs, which are often associated with plantar fasciitis
- Neuromas, which are benign tumors located between the third and fourth toes
- Flat feet--either congenital or acquired through age, obesity or overuse
- Stress fractures, a common overuse injury suffered by athletes
After examining your feet, your podiatrist will put you on a care plan to resolve your pain. Surgery is not usually the first choice, as simpler interventions often work extremely well. Treatments for your foot pain can include:
- A change in footwear to something which is more supportive
- Rest, ice, and elevation
- Analgesic medications
- Shoe padding to relieve friction
- Shoe inserts, or orthotics, which are custom-made to cushion, support, and provide gait correction
- Cortisone injections to reduce inflammation
- Physical therapy and stretching exercises
- Diabetic foot wear
- Soft casts and crutches
- Corrective and supportive splints
The last thing you should do is suffer foot pain. You can have happy, functional feet with compassionate treatment from your podiatrists at Regional Foot and Ankle Specialists. For an appointment, call the office nearest you. In Turnersville, phone (856) 875-8855, and for the Pennsauken location, call (856) 488-5290.